Wednesday 27 November 2013

How To: Rocky Road

Hi lovelies!

Today's post is a How To on Rocky Road. It is one of my favourite deserts, so I hope you enjoy it.

You want your Rocky Road to be quite thick, you don't want to end up with a thin Rocky Road.
I say this because this is exactly what happened to me. I am going to give you the recipe, doubled - just to insure you have a thick Rocky Road.



All you need is...

250g butter
600g milk chocolate
6 tablespoons of golden syrup
400g digestive biscuits
200 grams marshmallows (or however many you want really!)
Cranberries (however many you want)
Glace cherries - Around 9 
Icing sugar to dust (optional)



I did the method in two lots because you have to melt the chocolate and butter, this would take a long time because there is a lot of chocolate and butter.

So I advise halving the mixture and doing the method in two lots.


Method:

1. Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat, you do not want to burn the chocolate. Put aside around 125ml of the chocolate mixture.



2. Put the biscuits into a freezer bag and using a rolling pin you need to bash the biscuits making crumbs and small chunks of biscuits. 



3. Fold the biscuit pieces into the chocolate mixture, try not to break down the bigger parts of biscuit.


4. Add most of the marshmallows into the mixture and then pour into a tray, lined with grease-proof paper. 


5. Chop the glace cherries and add them to the mixture. Also add the Cranberries




 6. Sprinkle the rest of the marshmallows and drizzle the left over chocolate.


7. Refrigerate overnight





So I hope you have enjoyed this food tutorial. I love Rocky Road and I hope you enjoy making the Rocky Road and if you do make it, maybe you could Instagram it and tag me - @imlozza

Bye bye lovelies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment