Thursday 7 November 2013

How To Thursday - Make Your Nails Look Neat

I  love having long nails, unfortunately, my nails are very weak therefore they break whenever the get long.

So, I had to come up with a solution to make my nails look neat without being odd lengths and badly shaped.

First, wash your hands with warm, clean water. This will make your nails soft which is makes it easier to file them. You could also do this after a bath or a shower because it does the same job.

Next, you need to get a cuticle pusher/orange nail stick, and push the skin at the top of your nails away from you, this will make your nails look longer and neater.

The next step is to use a good nail file. I find the nail files from Boots are the best, the black ones, they're amazing! All I do is file my nails to make them all have curved edges, I also make sure they are all the same size, otherwise they don't look neat. My thumbnails are quite long, and it looks neater when they are curved all the way around the nail.

Using the pointed edge of the cuticle pusher, I then clean under my nails. This just gets all the grime from under your nails. 

Now I just go wash my hands under hot running water and soap.


I now use OPI's Nail Envy Original to strengthen my nails, it also helps them to grow a little, however, when they grow they tend to break extreamly short and it hurts a lot, so, I just use the nail envy to strengthen my nails. So, I just file my nails everyday so they don't grow as much.
I put two coats of this varnish on, and everyday for a week I top it up with one coat. Then at the end of the week I take it all off and repeat the process.



I hope you all enjoyed this post and find it useful c:

I'm going to be doing BLOGMAS this year, which is basically VLOGMAS. If you don't know wha that is, it is where you post a vlog, everyday leading up to Christmas. I'm going to be doing the blog version  and I am really excited to do it :)

Bye bye lovelies x 

No comments:

Post a Comment