Friday 16 August 2013

Extra Post

Well hey.


This is a little extra post, I'm still going to post on Monday, because I wanna get into a weekly routine of doing things. Anyway, I was thinking the other day about popularity and what it means to be 'popular'. When I was in year 6, I was heading to assembly with my class mates and I asked my best friend if I could sit next to her, then someone else asked her and she had to choose either me or my other friend, she replied "I just don't know! Both! I'm just so popular!" And we laughed it off, We knew she was being sarcastic but my teacher heard her and said "No one is popular, ever. Popularity is a silly thing, you have your own friends and no one should be looked upon or judged by others." 

What my teacher said has stuck with me and in the bath the other night, I thought about the subject again. This is what I said to myself: 
If you think that being rich, having designer clothes or kissing boys helps you to become popular, then think again. These things don't make you popular, they make you un-popular. Showing off all your expensive things is not 'cool', neither is smoking, so don't smoke :) So I thought, being popular consists of having trust in your friends, being loyal and being kind and friendly. 

This isn't a nag, but it's an insight to what goes on in my brain and sometimes I would like to share with you little things I think about, not everything because that would be weird, but some things I think you will be interested in.
So, be ready for these little things :)


♥Lauren♥


No comments:

Post a Comment